Campaigns and Initiatives
Singer Island Breakwaters - VICTORY!
Q: "I don't surf or visit the beach on Singer Island so why should I be concerned about this breakwater project?"
A: This would be THE template for additional projects including breakwaters extending from southern Palm Beach, completely armoring South Palm Beach AND Lantana and into Manalapan. This also includes a 1/2 mile project starting just south of Jupiter Inlet extending to the Jupiter Beach Resort...
Third proposed design 'submergent' breakwaters:
Second proposed design 'emergent' breakwaters:
- NMFS ESA - Sec. 7 Consultation Biological Opinion
- US Fish and Wildlife Service Biological Opinion
- USACE letter requesting withdrawal of project
- USACE letter accepting project withdrawal
Share on Facebook
- Breakwaters Online Petition - click and sign it!
- Breakwaters Petition - print it and post it!
- Letter to your Commissioner- print it and send it!
- Facebook Cause - go viral!
The Surf, Stop The Breakwaters Flier
- Palm Beach County Commissioners
- Singer Island Breakwaters Project Info (PBC ERM)
- PBC ERM - Coastal Resources
Environmental Enhancement Status Reports
(PBC ERM discussing progress on breakwaters deployment in November
- Singer Island Maps of Breakwaters Project- (11mb)
- Description of Coastal Construction Control Line
- for Palm Beach County (CHAPTER 62B-26) [more DEP Beach Rules]
- Singer Island Civic Association
- Directory of Condominium Officers
- View Google Maps Overview
- County kills Singer Island breakwater project,
- siding with environmentalists
- Surfline.com: The Mechanics of Snapper Rocks
- Palm Beach County to decide whether sea turtle
- Palm2Jupiter.com: Singer Island erosion is
- PalmBeachPost.com: Helping one beach project
- PalmBeachPost.com: Palm Beach County hopes
- PalmBeachPost.com: Help beaches,
- PalmBeachDailyTimes.com: Palm Beach County
- PalmBeachPost.com: New survey finds
- The Society of Environmental Journalists: FL
- PalmBeachPost.com: Planned Riviera Breakwaters
- Newspaper: Atwater, Klein pushing Singer Island
‘breakwater’ despite potential harm to turtles
- Reach 8 breakwater partnership between
Palm Beach, county OK'd by Town Council
- Beach, Turtle Needs Collide
- Town of Palm Beach Candidates Weigh In On
- Surfline.com: "PALM
One of Florida's best surf zones in serious trouble
- PalmBeachPost.com: Letter To The Editor
"Singer Island breakwaters an undeserved bailout"