Media Resources - Video
Welcome to the Surfrider Foundation Palm Beach County Chapter's Media Resources Videos page.
Singer Island / Palm Beach County Breakwaters Campaign
Surfrider Foundation and the "Stop the Breakwaters" campaign. County Commission votes 5-2 to cease all project work on each of the proposed Palm Beach County breakwaters, a major victory for the Palm Beach Chapter and the coastal environment.
Surfrider Foundation activist Dave Barney walks through why seawalls are not a good idea. This wall and the erosion it caused in the State Park next door were the reason Dave joined Surfrider.
This video illustrates:
* why seawalls are a bad solution and cause damage
* the relationship between private and public property
* the high cost of sand replenishment to taxpayers
* violations of septic tank / sanitation laws
* the misuse of money and influence
* how property development disturbs natural habitat and natural ecosystems
* an onramp for a local to become involved in Surfrider Foundation
Artoberfest 2010 - Locals Surfshop - (footage: WPTV.com)